Are You Ready For Spring
Believe it or not, spring is just around the corner. It can sneak up quickly, so make sure your home is prepared for the season to come with these helpful tips! Not only will you be proactive, but some of these tasks will give you a chance to get outside and enjoy the fresh air!
- Wash all pillows and curtains to help reduce allergens and dust mites.
- Change smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries.
- Clean out and organize the kitchen’s pantry and cupboards. Get rid of any items that are past the expiration date and think about donating the items that are still good, but you just won’t use.
- Inspect the basement for mold that may have formed during the thaw.
- Swap your heavy, winter blankets with your lighter, spring linens! Be sure to wash and thoroughly dry all bedding before stowing away in plastic bins or vacuum-sealed storage bags.
- Check and clean out gutters. Make sure the gutters are clear of debris and that water can flow freely and away from the house. Improper drainage can lead to water in the basement or crawl space.
- Cut back any tree limbs or shrubbery that may have begun to brush up against the home or roof. This will prevent possible damage as well as create better ventilation.
- Inspect your garden hose and faucet for dry rot and freeze damage that may have occurred during the winter months.
- From the ground, inspect your roof. Look for broken or missing shingles, cracks, or other areas that may need repairs. For your safety, it may be wise to consider hiring a professional to take care of any work that may need to be done.
- Once the snow melts, clear away any remaining dead foliage and weeds from your lawn and flowerbeds.
These ideas are just a few of the many ways to keep your home in top shape for spring’s arrival. However, your home isn’t the only thing that needs some spring cleaning! The next few months are a great time to reevaluate life from a legal perspective as well! Come into HoganWillig and let us SPRING into action to help you with ALL of your legal needs. Call us today at 716-636-7600.