Awards and Accolades
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. In the U.S., Best Lawyers publishes an annual referral guide, The Best Lawyers in America, which includes 41,149 attorneys in 126 practice areas, covering all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
HoganWillig attorneys Thomas Cassano and Nelson Zakia have been named to this prestigious list every year for over a decade. Mr. Cassano was honored as the Best Lawyers Buffalo Area Family Lawyer of the Year in 2011. HoganWillig's Matrimonial & Family Law Department also ranks as a First Tier Best Lawyers in America Best Law Firms.
Our Complete Rankings:
Buffalo Tier 1
- Criminal Defense: Non-White-Collar
- Family Law
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Trusts & Estates Law
Buffalo Tier 2
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 4000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
HoganWillig founder and lead litigation attorney, Corey J. Hogan, is a lifetime member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
The following attorneys from HoganWillig have been nominated by Super Lawyers in their respective practice areas:
- Thomas Cassano - Family Law
- Steven Cohen - Civil Rights
- Scott Michael Duquin - Personal Injury Plaintiff: General
- Corey Hogan - Personal Injury Plaintiff: General, Personal Injury Plaintiff: Medical Malpractice, General Litigation
- J. Michael Kelleher - Real Estate, Estate Planning & Probate
- Kevin Mahoney - Family Law, Criminal Defense, Collaborative Law
- Kenneth Olena - Family Law
- Diane Tiveron - Business/Corporate, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Business Litigation
- Steven Wiseman - Family Law, Business Litigation
- Nelson Zakia - Family Law