J. Michael Kelleher graduated cum laude from St. Bonaventure University with a B.A. in 1967 and received his legal education at the University Of Notre Dame, graduating in 1970. Mr. Kelleher was Town Justice for the Town of Lancaster from 1975 to 2014 and has been Senior Counsel at HoganWillig since joining the firm in 2011.
Mr. Kelleher has focused his practice on commercial and residential real estate as well as probate, estate planning, and corporate law since 1970. He is a member of the Real Estate and Estate Practice and Procedure Committees of the Erie County Bar Association.
Mr. Kelleher has lectured extensively for professional and local community groups. He has a strong civic commitment and is a member of many local organizations.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Upstate Edition – Real Estate, Estate Planning & Probate, 2009-2011, 2014
- Real Estate ” Lawyer of the Year” 2023, Best Lawyers in America
- New York State, 1971
- J.D., 1970, University of Notre Dame
- B.A., 1967, St. Bonaventure University, cum laude
Professional & Community Activities
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES (DIRECTORS):
- St. Bonaventure University Board of Trustees (former member)
- St. Mary’s High School Foundation
- Lancaster New York Opera House (former trustee)
- Depew/Lancaster Boys & Girls Club (former trustee)
- Artpark & Company, Inc.
- Irish Classical Theatre Company, Inc.
- The August J. Galasso Foundation
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- Erie County Judges and Police Executive Conference
- New York State Magistrate’s Association
- Erie County Magistrate’s Association
- Town Justice, Town of Lancaster
- St. Bonaventure University National Alumni Board (former member & past president)
- St. Bonaventure University Alumni Association (past president – Buffalo chapter)
- St. Bonaventure University Alumni Advisory Council
- Notre Dame University Alumni Association
- Health Force Quality Assurance Committee
- Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce
- Depew/Lancaster Sertoma Club (former Officer and Director)
- Knights of Columbus
- Catholic Charities Appeal of Our Lady of Pompeii Perish, Lancaster (former Chairman)
- Town of Lancaster Recreation Commission (former Member & Officer)
- The Loyal Order of The Moose Lancaster Chamber of Commerce