When you undergo surgery, you put your life and well-being in a doctor’s hands and trust them to perform the procedure properly. Most doctors take extra precautions to ensure there are no errors due to negligence during surgery. Unfortunately, surgical and procedure errors can occur, including, but not limited to:
- Performing the wrong surgery on the wrong patient.
- Performing surgery at the wrong site (wrong body area).
- Leaving surgical instruments in the patient’s body.
- Incorrect surgery or procedure for the correct diagnosis.
- Wrong or unnecessary surgical procedure.
- Surgery or procedures that are outside the scope of the patient’s consent
- Failing to recognize intraoperative and postoperative complications or failing to address them timely and appropriately.
If you have sustained injuries because of a Surgical Error, allow the experienced medical malpractice attorneys of HoganWillig to fight on your behalf for just compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation.