Corporate & Business Law
HoganWillig's corporate and business law team knows business owners and entrepreneurs operating in New York State face a multitude of legal issues. Our goal is to provide practical, useful advice that proves to you the value of engaging corporate legal counsel.
We provide a wide variety of legal services to our business clients, from formation to dissolution and almost everything in between. We are able to assist with compliance with state and federal taxation laws, sales tax audits and more.
From start-ups to large corporations, business clients need legal help that does not always fall into a specific category. At HoganWillig, we are equipped to help our business clients, large and small, deal with the challenges of operating and growing their businesses.
The practice areas below represent common issues or problems that we see clients encounter. Both within the Corporate Department and as a general practice law firm, we aim to provide a comprehensive approach to our clients' needs. If you have a question or concern that does not seem to fit into one of these topics, please do not hesitate to contact us. We know that the problems businesses face are rarely packaged neatly into one discrete area, and we pride ourselves on being well-rounded enough to understand the whole picture and create solutions for you.
We understand that small businesses, especially start-ups, face tight financial constraints and may not be able to commit to a traditional hourly fee schedule for legal services. To help you budget for legal expenses, we have developed and implemented alternative fee structures. From flat monthly fees to cover a range of issues to flat rates for certain services, such as setting up new corporations or LLCs, we are willing to devise a plan that will work for you. We strive to develop working relationships with our clients that are based on consistent communication and frequent interaction. Providing alternative fee arrangements is part of our commitment to working with our clients to help foster productive, long-term attorney-client relationships.
- Not Waiver or DeferralApril 2, 2020
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act of 2020March 31, 2020
- Insurance Coverage for Business InterruptionMarch 27, 2020
- FORCE MAJEUREMarch 27, 2020
- November 22, 2019
- Buffalo Business First & Buffalo Law Journal, September 23, 2019
- Super Lawyers, August 14, 2019
- Buffalo Business First & Buffalo Law Journal, September 27, 2018
- August 13, 2018
- February 1, 2018
Presentations & Events
- With Good Neighbors Credit Union30 Brunswick Rd. Depew, NY, November 12, 2019
- D'Youville College, November 6, 2019
- The DoubleTree Club by Hilton (Buffalo), February 23, 2017
Areas Of Concentration
- Accounting Malpractice
- Asset Purchases and Sales
- Business Entity Formation
- Corporate Counsel
- Cyber Security & Data Privacy
- Debt Collection
- Dispute Resolution
- Employee Contracts
- Fire/EMS Law
- Intellectual Property (Trademarks)
- Nonprofit Formation & Governance
- Surety and Construction Law
- Tax Returns, Filings & Compliance