The term “wrongful death” includes the claims of husbands, wives, children, and parents, when negligence, recklessness or misconduct has caused the death of a family member.
The laws regarding wrongful death cases are complex and include many facets of law. It is vital for surviving family members to seek the advice of experienced attorneys. If a loved one has died as a result of the negligence of another, you may be eligible to receive compensation under the law.
Below are some examples of damages that may be recoverable:
- Loss of anticipated future earnings the deceased would have provided
- Lost benefits from death, for example, pension or retirement benefits
- Loss of inheritance from an untimely death
- Loss of care or protection
- Funeral expenses
- Conscious pain and suffering and medical expenses for the time between injury and death