Denis Scinta is a member of the Matrimonial & Family Law group at HoganWillig. Mr. Scinta has focused his practice exclusively in the area of Family Law, with particular expertise in Family Court matters, including: divorce, modification and enforcement proceedings, custody, child support, and more. Over an illustrious career, Denis also has specialized in other more atypical matters, such as adoptions, delinquencies, PINS affairs, and issues regarding the termination of parental rights. Given his diverse work, Mr. Scinta provides HoganWillig an abundance of experience in all sectors of Family Law.
From 1971-1997, Mr. Scinta worked as a partner for the law firm Scinta, Rinaldo & Dee. Prior to HoganWillig, he worked as Special Counsel for Lipsitz, Green, Fahringer, Roll, Schuller & James. Mr. Scinta graduated in 1965 from State University of New York at Buffalo and went on to receive his Juris Doctor from State University of New York at Buffalo in 1969.
Mr. Scinta has a strong civic commitment with extensive community involvement and has lectured at countless speaking engagements, seminars, radio, and television appearances. Overall, he is dedicated to helping clients resolve family and matrimonial law matters with passionate advocacy and tough legal strategy.
Professional & Community Activities
Erie County Bar Association
- Judiciary Committee (2010-Present)
- Board of Directors (1987-1990)
- Speaker's Bureau, Matrimonial and Family Law Committee (1980-Present)
- Practice and Procedure Committee in Family Court (1990-Present)
- Board of Directors Liason to Committees
- Liason Representative to the Community Commission on Alcohol & Substance Abuse in Erie County (1991-1992)
NYSBA Panel Member - Practical Skills- Family Court Practice (2004)
Erie County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Speaker (1975-Present)
NYSBA Lecturer - Continuing Legal Education Matrimonial and Family Law Programs (1991-Present)
Community Commission on Alcohol and Substance Abuse in Erie County - Nominating Committee Chairman (1992- Present), Task Force Co-Chair - Prevention and Education, Executive Committee
Parents in Crisis - Tough Love- Legal Advisor and Board of Director Member (1972-2000)
- Buffalo Business First & Buffalo Law Journal, September 27, 2018
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Meet our Family Law and Mediation Specialist115 Summer St. Buffalo, NY 14222, October 26, 2017
- New York State, 1970
J.D., 1969, State University of New York at Buffalo
B.A. in Psychology, 1965, State University of New York at Buffalo